Call Center Customer Service Representative
JOB TITLE: CSR
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: COO, CSR SUPERVISOR
SUPERVSION RENDERED: N/A
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
Summary: This role helps to ensure the timely flow of patients via in person and over the phone in a professional and pleasant manner. This role is responsible for checking in patients, answering calls, scheduling patients, accurately registering patients as well as helping to ensure an appropriate wait time. Answering phones in a timely manner and servicing patients thoroughly to the best of one’s ability.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Greet patients with a high level of enthusiasm with a focus on excellent customer service. This is to include over the phone as well as in person.
2. Gather data for patient registration, obtain consent for treatment, copy insurance and ID cards and enter information into ECW.
3. Verify coverage and eligibility on all patients.
4. Communicate with the patient the expected co-pay and deductible with an emphasis on payment at the time of service
5. Verify enrollment eligibility and obtain PCP authorization as needed for Georgia Better Health Care members.
6. Update sliding fee scale applications and/or assist the patient with the completion of a new application
7. Processing cancellations, reschedules and no-show charts
8. Answer incoming calls
9. Manage the Jive phone system to pull electronic faxes and distribute accordingly, scheduling appointments, and attaching necessary documents
10. Manage medical records requests from various insurance companies and other requestors
11. All other duties assigned
Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent as recognized by the State of Georgia.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
· Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent as recognized by the State of Georgia
· Minimum 1 year customer service experience
· Minimum 1 year experience in a medical office setting
· Working knowledge of medical office procedures
· Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology as well as commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid insurance requirements
· Demonstrated superior customer service skills
· Demonstrated ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy
· Ability to establish and maintain relationships with patients, colleagues and the general public
The Customer Service Representative position requires interaction with diverse groups of patients, therefore it is imperative to remain professional even when difficulties arise. This position requires most of the shift to be spent sedentary and on the phone assisting patients.
The above is intended to describe the job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements.
Medical Associates Plus is a Federally Qualified Health Center that provides quality and affordable primary health care to residents of the Greater Augusta and surrounding areas. The services provided by Medical Associates Plus includes:
Primary Medical Care
Women's Health Care
The vision for Medical Associates Plus is to become a vital and integrated part of the healthcare delivery system in reducing unmet primary care needs for the residents of the CSRA area.