Essential Job Functions:
• Troubleshoot, repair and replace all electrical/electronic equipment, machinery and equipment.
• Perform preventative maintenance (PM) of electrical/electronic equipment and machinery.
• Assists Mechanical Technician in the lubrication and repair of mechanical equipment.
• Troubleshoots and repairs drive controllers and motors.
• Troubleshoots, repairs, and modifies programmable logic controller (PLC) software used for automated process equipment.
• Identify parts and assist tool room in the requisition and inventory of tools, spare parts, and equipment.
• Evaluates, assembles, and installs new electrical equipment and systems.
• Maintain all equipment in good running order.
• Ensure that job site is clean and free of hazards and debris.
• Maintain good housekeeping and safety practices when operating equipment.
• Interact and communicate with Production Manager during shift and assist on production line when needed.
• Maintain professional certifications and keep updated on all procedures and policy changes; keep training up-to-date.
• Operates all maintenance equipment safely.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Comply with all SQF procedures.
• Report any food safety problems to a member of management or SQF Practitioner.
• Two (2) years experience in electrical / electronics in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong background in industrial electronics and troubleshooting required.
• Experience with PLC controls and variable speed drives.
• Steel toe shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection required on some or all jobs.
Other Skills / Abilities:
• Good communication skills.
• Experience with PLC Controls and Variable Speed Drives.
• Must be able and willing to work overtime, weekends and evenings as needed. May be on-call at times.
• Ability to read blueprints and mechanical drawings a plus.
When you're the best, you attract the best!
Whether you're looking for the right employee or seeking employment, when you partner with Roper Staffing, you've partnered with South Carolina's best!
Location/Region: Gray Court, SC (US)