Are you looking for an active, stable work environment in a manufacturing field?
We're looking for 3rd shift Production Operators/Batch Operators of all experience levels for our Greenville, SC location. If you have a strong work ethic, positive safety record and a commitment to quality...then we want to hear from you! If you have experience in batch making or as a production operator apply today.
Where else will you get benefits that start on day one with competitive pay and an opportunity to learn and grow?
What will you do as a Production Operator/Batch Operator?
As part of a team, you will manufacture and package a variety of products through staging, mixing, blending and packaging tasks. As a production operator at Bostik you will be in a batch making/mixer operator position for a competitive manufacturing organization.
Key Responsibilities for Production Operator/Batch Maker:
- Follow all plant policies and practices to ensure safety, quality, service, and cost objectives are met
- Operate a variety of mixing/blending equipment across plant floor as needed
- Perform various quality checks and assist in the cleaning and change-over of equipment
- Maintain an accurate inventory through activities such as: proper reporting of material usage, minimizing wastes, and ensuring that measuring devices are properly calibrated
- Ensure good housekeeping of all work areas
- Accurately complete all paperwork and data entry to support job tasks
- Assist in physical inventories
- Safely stage and move materials by hand and by operating a powered industrial truck (fork-lift)
- Comply with all company policies
- Practice Safe work habits in accordance with OSHA, EPA guidelines, and Bostik-specific EHS expectations
- Strong, logical decision making skills
- Experience with time management and multitasking
- Exhibit sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong attention to detail
- Adaptable, willing and interested to learn/do new things
- Solid math skills; basic calculations to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, basic percent’s and fractions
- Demonstrated comfort with data entry and basic computer skills
- Fork-lift certification/experience desired
- 1-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment ideal but not required
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read and write English
- Able to safely perform related physical demands of the role:
- lift up to 75 pounds as needed, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands or arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Note: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role - reasonable accommodation will be reviewed where legally warranted.
- Batch making
- Chemical mixing
- Chemical compounding
- Bulk manufacturing
- Machine operator
- Start to finish processes
- ISO and 5S manufacturing Compliance
- Machine operation
- Work as a production operator, mixer, batching, and mixing
About Bostik - Smart Adhesives
With our eyes on the future, Bostik is driven to develop smart adhesives – enabling us to anticipate needs, create value and shape new capabilities. We are not the right place for everyone. We ARE right for those who work collaboratively to think and act boldly beyond today. Put your potential to work to increase our collective expertise, powered by a spirit of innovation.
As one of the largest adhesive and sealant companies in the world, Bostik designs, manufactures, and markets bonding solutions within a variety of Business Units:Industrial Adhesives (Converting, Assembly, Packaging, Transportation, Flexible Packaging and Industrial Laminations); Consumer and Construction (Flooring Installation Systems, Construction Sealants and Adhesives); and Global Nonwovens (Disposable Hygiene). Bostik is well positioned as part of Arkema's High Performance Materials segment. A global chemical company and France’s leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day.
Make a difference with Bostik. Build a career with purpose. Experience the impact powerful bonds can make - at a place where you can feel at home.
Compliance: Bostik is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Bostik is a leading global adhesie specialist in industrial manufacturing, construction and consumer markets. For more than a century, we have been developing innovative adhesive solutions that are smarter and more adaptive to the forces that shape our daily lives.