Tri-County Technical College is seeking an Administrative Specialist for our Health Education Division Office.
Under the limited supervision of the Division Office Manager, this position will provide administrative support to the Health Education Division Dean and multiple departments within the Health Education Division.
Job duties include:
- General Administrative support – Provides administrative support to the Division Dean, and departments associated with the Health Education Division. Schedules meetings/appointments for the Division Dean and others, as needed. Assigns Health Education advisors to current and new/incoming students. Creates and distributes monthly Divisional calendar inclusive of deadlines and meetings. Maintains updated Health Education Division and Fulp Hall building directories. Assists in the preparation and review of correspondences, letters, and other documents as required. Distributes documents according to delivery and deadline times. Keeps
- confidential documents secured (Follows HIPAA, FERPA, Title IX, etc). Maintains Division records, including affiliation agreements and other divisional records as assigned. Records minutes for departmental meetings, as needed. Ensures minutes are recorded accurately and submitted for approval within specified timeframe. 35%
- Receptionist duties – Receives all incoming Division Office phone calls and greets visitors for the Division/Department. Answers questions or directs inquiries in a polite and appropriate manner. Assists faculty (full-time and adjunct) as needed by: answering routine questions regarding department, division or college processes. Makes copies, gives instruction on how to use copiers, copier troubleshooting, faxing, etc. Gives directions for campus locations. Routes copies to adjuncts and full-time faculty, as needed. Assists
- students in scheduling appointments, as needed. 30%
- Inventory and Facility control duties – Orders all Division Office supplies and assist Department Heads and Program Directors in ordering supplies. Serves as the contact person for scheduling Fulp Hall conference rooms; keeps accurate information on reservations and cancellations. Assists in maintaining inventory of office supplies and forms. Performs related duties, as assigned. Assists with the division inventory each year, and all other duties as assigned.15%
- Mail – Receives and routes incoming mail for the division. Responds to routine correspondences, as assigned and, forwards remaining correspondences to the appropriate department. Must be able to lift and move incoming packages typically up to 50 lbs. (i.e. Paper, books, supplies etc.). 10%
- Assist Office Manager in scheduling meetings and/or events, set-up, and any preparation needed and with all other duties as assigned. Assists in training of work-study students. Assists students when needed in the computer lab, and all other duties as assigned.10%
Anticipated Hiring Range: $22,182 - $31,614
Minimum Qualifications: An associate degree OR a high school diploma and two years related work experience.
Preferred Qualifications:Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook; Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality; should have excellent communication skills;
ability to multitask. Must possess the ability to type at a corrected rate of 35-55 wpm and/or basic knowledge of computer operations.
Close Date: 11/11/2018
Tri-County Technical College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a learning environment that fosters inclusion, respect for differences and cultural awareness. View our 10 year vision for our challenging future as a Community College that is Transforming Lives, Shaping the Community. You can play a visible part in the future of our College, have the ability to collaborate across the College, work and think strategically, and positively impact the lives and success of students and our community in dramatic fashion.
Our benefits include:
- State benefits of health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and dependent life insurance, long term care insurance, supplemental long term disability, MoneyPlus
- The South Carolina Retirement System, Optional Retirement Plans, Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Faculty Non-work days or Annual Leave, Sick Leave, and Holidays
- The College closes at 2pm on Fridays
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellness Center located at the Pendleton Campus
- Unique collaborative learning environment on beautiful campuses located in upstate of South Carolina
The Upstate of South Carolina is home to more than 200 international companies, the I-85 "boom belt," and a vibrant quality of life, it's easy to see why the Upstate is one of the fastest growing regions in the Nation. The College is nestled in the foothills of the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains, and Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC are each only two hours away, while South Carolina's coastal towns and beaches are three to four hours travel.
The Tri-County Technical College service area includes Anderson, Oconee, and Pickens counties. The College is also part of a state-wide system of sixteen technical colleges. More than 7,000 students enroll at the College each year in more than 70 major fields of study, including engineering technology, industrial technology, business, computer and information technology, public service, human services, healthcare, and university transfer programs. Developmental courses are offered for those who need to brush up on basic academic skills. The Continuing Education Division also offers personal and professional development non-credit classes in technical, business, healthcare, and personal interest areas to more than 10,000 community members each year. The main campus is located in historic Pendleton, South Carolina. The College currently has two branch campuses in the nearby cities of Anderson, Easley, and Seneca.
Location/Region: Pendleton, SC