We are looking for Heavy Equipment Operators experienced in operating: excavator, haul truck (rigid frame/articulated), bulldozer, motor grader, roller, water truck, backhoe. MSHA Certification preferred, but not mandatory. GPS guided equipment skills a plus.
To operate equipment safely and efficiently while adhering to company policies and MSHA regulations and meeting all production goals. Main activities include:
• Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
• Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
• Participate in routine maintenance
• Practice workplace safety
• General daily preventative equipment maintenance
• Light labor work as needed
• Install drainage pipe and storm drainage structures
• Equipment operation and maintenance
• Equipment safety
• General site preparation techniques and procedures
• Site preparation surveying and layout
• Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage
• Knowledge of road construction and maintenance techniques
• Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
• Knowledge of equipment cleaning standards and procedures
Benefits include: Competitive pay, company-matched 401(k), health/life insurance, paid holidays, accrued time off, bonus program.
Contour Mining & Construction is a site preparation general contractor headquartered in Columbia, SC.
Location/Region: Columbia, SC (US)