IT System Support/Field Technician
Responsible for providing technical assistance, support and installations related to computer/networking systems, hardware, and software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution. Travels to perform equipment installations at remote sites.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Understanding of Windows based networks including servers, workstations, and core networking concepts
- Understanding of routers, switches, firewalls, and other basic networking equipment, specifically related to installation and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of printers, scanners, and other standard IT peripherals, specifically related to installation and troubleshooting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism in challenging situations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently and meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work independently, self-starter
- Ability to work with technical teams and internal teams to ensure client success
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with ConnectWise and/or LabTech
· Assist with all aspects of technical support, including on-site visits.
· Open/close helpdesk tickets using ConnectWise.
- Understand workstation and server operating systems. This includes Windows 7, 8, and 10 along with Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 R2, and Server 2016. Examples include:
- Configure and troubleshoot shared drives and resources such as printers.
- Configure and troubleshoot user accounts and file permissions.
- Configure and troubleshoot software installations.
- Configure and troubleshoot Active Directory environments.
- Configure and troubleshoot RAID configurations.
- Understand network devices along with standard troubleshoot. This includes routers, switches, firewalls, printers, and any IP connected devices. Examples include:
- Configure and troubleshoot internet connections.
- Configure and troubleshoot local network.
- Configure and troubleshoot basic firewall functionality.
- Configure and troubleshoot printers and other IP connected devices.
- Understand common Anti-Virus technical issues, including:
- Configure and troubleshoot installation.
- Configure and troubleshoot Exclusions and Quarantined files.
· Understand common backup technologies and methodologies
- SharePoint configuration, site creation, and administration
- Responsible for installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Managing and deploying site collections, custom builds, and web applications
- Identifying risks and making recommendations for best practices
- Installs and configures purchased software packages
- Performs required integration tasks required
· Four-year degree (college/technical/vocational) or equivalent military training, equivalent hands on experience in networking required.
· Willingness to learn and work extended hours and up to 25% travel as needed.
· Required to lift up to 15lbs. overhead while standing on a ladder.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· The employee will be working on gantries, and on man lifts in order to perform some of their duties.
· Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 programs.