Job Description: The Installation Foreman takes a hands-on leadership role on the job site ensuring prompt, efficient progress of the work. The Foreman determines priorities for work to be done, sometimes on their own initiative and authority, but more often based on needs communicated by management.
- Heavy equipment operation - Track hoe, back hoe, (ability to install sheet piling a plus), rental equipment and materials scheduling and call off.
- Direct and run the project which includes piping and the installation of the tanks and related project materials.
- Communicate to the Installation Manager any specific requirements for completing the project in a safe, timely, and profitable manner.
- Communicate with the customer or their onsite representative the requirements or issues that may arise on the job site.
- Ability to read and understand applicable plans and specification, environmental regulations, fire and building codes that must be enforced on the site.
- Attend the following meetings (as applicable):
- Pre-Construction Meetings
- Safety Meetings
- Selected training sessions as directed by the Installation Manager
- Keep accurate daily records on each job. This should include, as a minimum, a record of all tests, inspections, the daily progress on the job, visitors to the job and situations that may affect the schedule in a negative way.
- Set an example for your crew members by reporting to work on time and in proper uniform.
- Supervise the daily activities of the crew.
- Plan for tomorrow.
- Take opportunities to train the crew so that each member is able to take on increasing responsibilities.
- Enforce all mandatory safety rules:
- Be aware of potential hazards and correct any of these situations.
- Require the use of the proper personal protective equipment by all crew members and subcontractors.
- Hold weekly job-site safety meetings.
- Ensure a positive Company image including the following:
- The personal appearance of each crew member should be clean and in compliance with Company Policy.
- Each vehicle must be clean and orderly.
- The job site should be kept orderly and free of safety hazards. Treat the site as if it is your own property.
- The job site sign should be kept clean and in good repair.
- The conduct of each crew member should be professional and courteous.
- Maintain all vehicles in compliance with departmental preventive maintenance policies. Do not allow unsafe conditions to exist on the vehicles. Vehicles should be washed and cleaned weekly. Operate all vehicles in a safe manner.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to safely operate a construction truck and tow small trailers when needed. No DUI's within the past 5 years.
- Certifications and experience on related petroleum piping and products required.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
Jones & Frank is one of the largest Distributors, Service Providers, and Installers serving the energy infrastructure marketplace in the United States. The company maintains 22 branch offices and 3 distribution centers along the Atlantic seaboard and Midwest regions of the United States. Distribution, Service, and Installation services are provided nationally, and include a network of almost 250 service personnel located throughout their footprint. The focus of the company continues to be Service, Distribution, Installation and Technology Solutions for Fuel and Fluid Handling Systems. A nationwide approach to Project Management, Wholesale Distribution, and Certified Training has been added as the company responds to market conditions and customer needs.
For over three decades, ANS Distributing has been supplying equipment to petroleum marketers from single-site service stations and national chains, to wholesalers and technicians. We go out of our way to deliver what you need, when you need it, always at the best price.
ANS Distributing is a division of Jones & Frank, the largest value-added re-seller of petroleum handling equipment in the United States. We provide ongoing product training, competitive compensation and benefits, and ample opportunities for advancement.
The Company continues to grow aggressively and expand into new markets. This pattern of growth and success comes from an unwavering commitment to recruit, train, and keep the best employees in the industry. Employees now number over 400 and many have 25+ years of industry experience. Product lines are a mainstay of the company's growth curve and new lines are reviewed and evaluated continually to bring the best to the marketplace.
*Jones & Frank is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Our policy reflects and affirms the Company's commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Location/Region: Columbia, SC (US)