Under supervision, performs mid to expert level mechanical, electrical, and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on equipment in accordance with manufacturer's manuals, diagrams, sketches, etc.
- Performs mid to expert level break-fix & preventative maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: observing devises in operation to location root cause of problem; dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective parts; examining parts to detect imperfections; adjustment of functional parts of devices and control instruments; repair and/or replacement of defective parts; testing of device to observe performance; and performing tests for electrical circuitry and mechanical systems; reconditioning and repairing machine tools.
- Identifies and sources parts, supplies and repair items as necessary.
- Independently performs maintenance as per industry standards.
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations including but not limited to: lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. May perform welding tasks.
- Complies with 5S and housekeeping standards.
- Drives and participates in CI activities - processes, results and cost savings.
- Updates records and reviews CMMS history.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes control systems to resolve software/ hardware and configuration problems.
- Utilizes predictive maintenance technologies to collect equipment performance data.
- Provides assistance to lower level technicians and leadership to small teams. Performs more advanced functions as a part of training and development.
- Completes on-the-job and technical self-study programs for career development.
- Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines. Situational awareness and identify unsafe behaviors and conditions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Behaviors Required:
- High School Graduate or equivalent (GED).
- Associates degree with a Technical focus and 3 years of related experience in general industry; or 5 years of related experience in general industry.
- Understands electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control systems. Can analyze problems and perform repairs.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate
ATS improves productivity and profitability for many of the world's most respected businesses including Eaton Corporation and Caterpillar, through improved factory production equipment maintenance, industrial parts repair and IT solutions. Founded in 1985, ATS employs approximately 3,000 people across the US, Mexico and the UK and is headquartered in Peoria, Illinois.
Location/Region: Augusta, GA (US)