Company Overview About TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol “TD”. To learn more, visit www.td.com.
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Applications & Systems Development covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, support-maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly-skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to lead the creation of a comprehensive end-to-end detailed solution with overall accountability for the technical design and delivery of the System Design Specification (SDS). You’ll be exposed to stretch assignments as you take on large-scale, complex and/or enterprise-wide projects.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
• Provides technical expertise and guidance to others in a lead capacity and works autonomously
• Expert knowledge of the business, the broader organization, technical environment, processes, procedures, tools and other relevant technology areas (e.g. Architecture, Infrastructure, Security etc.) from a design / support / solutions perspective
• Primary subject matter expert in multiple areas and consults with clients/or project teams with respect to all aspects of research, analysis, design, hardware / software support and/or development of technical solutions and/or testing
• Works autonomously and leads on a diverse range of activities (e.g. design, support of technical business solutions) and is relied upon to coach / educate and monitor the work of others
• Acts as an internal expert resource in the exchange of technical information for project teams, and provides technical insight and recommendations to the business and/or outside vendors
• Develop and document a detailed solution design within SDS, impart your subject matter expertise throughout life cycle.
• Participate in complex applications and systems development, programming.
• Propose solution options; generate stakeholder support.
• Collaborate with stakeholders on project estimates.
• Produce top-notch functional, technical and user interface designs.
• Take business, Enterprise Architecture, system performance and development standards requirements, then develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application and/or system.
• Consult on development of the System Requirements Specification (SRS).
• Review technical deliverables for quality throughout detailed design and development phase, identify gaps or redesign as needed.
• Define metrics and performance goals with technology partners and peers.
• Respect TD’s technology delivery practices and standards, project management disciplines, business technology architecture, and risk and production capacity – this includes thorough project requirements, documentation, scope estimates and costs.
• Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting milestones and ensuring project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards.
• Identify ways to minimize cost, play a role in introducing strategic solutions to support cost effectiveness and enhance stakeholder experience.
• Conduct code reviews to address quality, standards compliance, reusability and ease of maintenance, Operational Readiness Reviews, and support gating and review sign-offs for solution design.
• Support knowledge management processes and ensure knowledge is codified, monitored, tracked and managed.
• Ensure design leverages existing reusable components, traces back to business requirements, and that new modules are designed with reusability in mind.
• Identify and address any issue that affects the integrity of the application ( e.g. cross-capability/release issues).
• Provide technical support to promptly resolve escalated incidents/outages.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of the business, broader organization, technical environment, standards, processes, tools, procedures, multiple programming languages, operating systems, solutions design and other relevant technology areas from a design/support/solutions perspective.
- Readiness and motivation to work autonomously in a lead capacity on a diverse range of activities (e.g. design, support of technical business solutions) and can be relied on to coach, educate and monitor the work of others.
- Primary subject matter expertise in multiple areas; you’re seasoned in counselling clients and project teams on all aspects of research, analysis, design, hardware and software support, development of technical solutions and testing.
- Strength coaching and advising clients, partners and project teams, capable of being a internal expert resource in “technical information exchange”.
- Commitment to and belief in the quality of your deliverables.
Qualifications Preferred Qualifications – Here are the preferred qualifications for this role:
• Experience developing advanced web application/services (WCF/WebAPI, RESTFul/Soap) in Microsoft .NET environment with Asp.net, C#, including integration with multiple backend systems/services.
• Advanced Skills: SOAP & REST services development, XML, XML Schemes (XSD), WSDL, JSON, XSL, IOC(Unity/Ninject/AutoFac), LINQ, Entity Framework
• Development Tools: Visual Studio 2010/2013/2015; Mock/unit testing using MoQ, NUnit, MSTest frameworks; Integration Testing using SoapUI, ReadyAPI; Source Control with GIT, SVN; Continuous Integration using Jenkins/TFS/CruiseControl, Understanding of Test/Data Driven Development;
• Databases: SQL Server (SQL 2012/2016), Entity Framework – Experience working with SQL server and developing Stored Procedures and SSIS, optimizing database performance.
• Environment Knowledge: Windows 2008/2012/2016, IIS, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, DMZ, SAN, Virtualization, Windows Clustering, Network Load Balancing, Cloud application hosting and deployment, General Network Infrastructure, and Service Oriented Architecture (general knowledge and understanding of these environments.)
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Location/Region: Lexington, SC