Summary of Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will must be hard working and willing to work on something until the job is done. We need someone who is excited about technology, and can learn new technology quickly. The hunger and desire to learn will drive this person and create a willingness to assist company employees with technical issues including hardware and software configurations using their computer skills, always being courteous and responsive. Our ideal candidate is ambitious, highly motivated, goal oriented, and able to work alone. An ability to troubleshoot technical issues is essential.
In this role, you will provide maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Helpdesk. You will be responsible for administration and internal support of the Company’s PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, license tracking, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations.
· Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
· Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk ticket system.
· Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority.
· Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software.
· Document internal procedures.
· Assist with onboarding of new users.
· Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software.
· Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
· Report issues to the Service Desk for escalation.
· Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software.
· Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
· Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
· On call some weekends.
· Must be prompt, and reliable
· The ability to communicate clearly on a technical level, or for end users is necessary.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
· Additional task as required.
· Ability to troubleshoot is the most important aspect of this job
· A+ certification is required
· Most be familiar with Office, proficient in Windows. Microsoft Cert's a plus
· Network certification is a plus