Title: Material Controls Specialist II
Location: Greenville, SC
Duration: Long term contract
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Materials Control Specialist II in Greenville, SC.
Skillset / Experience:
BA/BS degree in Logistics, Business Administration, International Business or 4 years equivalent professional experience in Material Planning including Material Requirements Planning (MRP). Experience: 4+ years of related experience in Material Planning including Material Requirements Planning (MRP). Spanish speaking mandatory Advanced = knowledge of computer skills including Microsoft Office, SAP, TAIS (preferred) Advanced = communication skills both verbal and written Advanced = leadership skills
· Efficiently ensures availability of the right parts in the right quantity, at the right software level (E/E) and at the right time to support the Plant Spartanburg production program and TS-M-9 Material Supply targets as they align to TS goals.
· Performs basic data processing and parameter administration in the Material Control System.
· Controls part availability for on-going series production, parts run-in and run-out, and processing of technical and software changes within the scope for minimization of obsolescence costs.
· Monitors internal supply chain processes impacting part availability line side throughout multiple departments including Procurement, Engineering, Assembly and other Logistics Departments.
· Maintains and analyzes the monthly Supplier rating and yearly SUMIS (Supplier Management Information System) rating information. Initiates corrective actions with Supplier and required escalations as delegated by the Section Manager, Pwrtrn, BiW and Exterior Parts.
· Monitors the training of new hires
· Controls supplies and stock by timely planning the correct quantity at the correct software level of parts, while at the same time optimizing the stock on hand.
· Performs interrogation of multiple data sources (GPS/TAIS/SAP) to ensure information integrity.
· Ensures adequate information flow to keep management informed concerning E/E issues, following proper escalation procedures.
· Overall, on-time execution of internal and external delivery requirements.
· Coordinates efforts with internal and external customers to maintain parts supply to productions. Interfaces with Procurement, Engineering, Physical Logistics, Assembly and Manufacturing technologies to achieve implementation of new software levels.
· Ensures the availability of materials for future requirements at the correct software level.
· Coordinates the economical transportation with freight companies to ensure timely pickup and delivery of materials with our Lead Logistic Provider (LLP)or Physical Logistics Group.
· Previews inventories of parts on the floor and in the warehouse and makes computer adjustments as necessary to ensure accurate releases.
· Coordinates internally with all departments and vendors during build outs, design changes and software level changes to provide accurate data to eliminate excess overages and shortages.
· Runs Material Requirements Planning (MRP) reports, supplier releases and delivery schedules to ensure material availability.
· Coordinates flash campaigns with Assembly, Engineering, Physical Logistics and contractor including line feed situations.
· Determines flash locations (internal, external).
· Coordinates mode of transportation changes.
· Coordinates the hardware breaks and changes within the E/E team.
· Reports to management on current situation, cost savings, obsolescence and other E/E issues.
· Implements process improvements and cost savings.
· Serves as a core member of the E/E coordination meetings (weekly CCB, CoC and SIT).
· Coordinates I-Stufen implementation meetings for series and flash campaign meetings.
Our benefits package includes:
· Comprehensive Medical Benefits
· Competitive Pay
· 401K Retirement Plan
· And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TekPartners has been a trusted and proven technology solutions firm for 16 years. As an information technology partner we offer our clients proven talent through professional staffing, managed services, and IT project solutions. We understand and value the unique needs of the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. The company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture. TekPartners continues to grow and expand with office locations in South Florida, Orlando, Charlotte, and Washington, DC. Learn more at www.tekpartners.com.
Location/Region: Greenville, SC (US)