As a Yard Specialist, you will assist operations in an active trailer yard, performing a variety of duties including operating a spotter truck. Preferred candidates will have at least six months of verifiable experience within the last year and proficiency in backing trailers into dock doors; good communication; ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform basic yard spotter duties including daily yard check.
- Overseeing daily operation of the yard.
- Responsible for all trailer moves to and from docks; and drop yards.
- Operate spotter truck, moving trailers between trailer yard and dock doors and logging all trailer moves to maintain accurate yard inventory.
- Support production by following all safety measures and policies and demonstrating safe behavior.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Climb in and out of the spotter truck numerous times per day, hooking and unhooking trailers.
- Microsoft Office programs.
- Teamwork and flexibility.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to consistently lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to regularly bend, lift, stretch and reach below the waist and above the head.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1-year previous manufacturing experience required.
- Willingness to work rotating shift (5:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. / 1:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.)
Spartanburg SCHEDL Automotive System Service LP is an internationally operating automotive components supplier to highly prestigious car manufacturers in Europe, the United States and Asia. Our core business is just-in-sequence wheel and tire assembly on a high industrial level. Furthermore we provide high-quality logistic services.
Location/Region: Duncan, SC (US)