Localcoin is a Toronto-based company whose mission is to provide a simple buying/selling experience of digital currency for customers while upholding privacy across Canada. Our vision is to bring digital currency to the mainstream financial market.
Partnered with Canada’s leading corporate and franchise convenience stores, our rapidly expanding partnership network includes Canada’s largest corporate and franchise chain of convenience stores, including Gateway Newstands and Hasty Market. We currently have over 60 machines across Ontario and are rapidly expanding into Quebec, British Columbia, and the United States. We pride ourselves in being the first Litecoin and Ethereum ATM provider in Ontario. We have experienced over a 10,000% YTD growth and still increasing. We’ve been featured in major media outlets including Vice Motherboard, Bitcoin.com and CP24. Our Toronto head office is conveniently located right next to Finch station.
Localcoin is a young, forward thinking team filled with specialized talent throughout each department. Comprised of Business Development, Marketing, Sales, and Engineering teams, we are proud to employ some of the brightest minds in the Cryptocurrency industry. All employees have equal opportunities to contribute to the success of Localcoin within a startup culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity. If you are looking to be an integral part of a rapidly evolving industry see our current employment opportunities, or contact us!
We are looking for someone who has a great ability to simplify complex ideas in order to communicate clearly and beautifully with words and imagery.
At Localcoin brand is a top priority, and we need someone that can execute a strong branding strategy of our website, assets, promotional material, and content. If you have a strong understanding of different media outlets and how to best showcase brand via those channels, this is the position for you!
- Development and execution of the brand identity, visuals and messaging across all channels aligned.
- Explore and develop intriguing design strategies to bring the Localcoin brand to life.
- Create graphic design guidelines for campaign themes across all channels in both print and digital formats.
- Work with photographer for laydown product photo shoots.
- Assists in creating and managing the calendar/schedule for all digital and media assets.
- Develop additional collateral for weekly marketing campaigns and special events to launch each season and maintain throughout.
- Manage print and material budgets utilizing alternative design, photo and print solutions to achieve budget goals.
Skills and Experiences
- 2-4 years of experience as a Graphic Designer with a focus on Branding or similar role
- Expert working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Strong sense of visual design, including typography, colour theory, design libraries and grid systems
- Experience working with designated email management system platforms like Mailchimp.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to transition from one priority to another.
- Strong portfolio of past work and ability to work across styles.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work well cross-functionally with all levels.
- Working knowledge of technology and software applications necessary to perform responsibilities of this position.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in branding, graphic design, or experience in related field.
- Preferably 3-4 years of experience in graphic design/branding in financial technology industry.
Perks and Benefits
- Opportunity to grow. As an ambitious start-up, you’ll have tons of opportunity to learn and grow
- Build your network. You’ll get to work with some of tech’s best and brightest
- Market rate access. You’re able to purchase Bitcoin below Canadian market rate with zero fees and Discount coupon for all Localcoin Bitcoin ATMs nationwide
- Convenient location. We’re in the bustling Yonge and Finch area (with bottomless coffee, catered lunches and relaxing couch areas)
- Health spending account. We let you decide how to best prioritize your health and wellness
- Flexible work-life. We trust you know your schedule and work when you feel most productive