Xcentri’s Engineering and Manufacturing Division is actively looking for a Human Resource Manager for one of our preferred clients.
The company is publicly-traded and has continued to experience growth, winning several new programs for 2018 and beyond. They are interested in continuing to drive new business development efforts throughout the next several years. They manufacture and deliver highly engineered finished parts for use in the manufacture of products in the automotive, agricultural, truck, transportation and marine industries.
The company is offering market comparable salary and re-location assistance for the right person. They also have a Profit Sharing Plan that has averaged nearly 20% of base salary over the last 3 years. Lastly, they offer a self-funded medical and dental plan making the premiums well below market average and offer a Defined Contribution Plan that offers company contributions to their employee’s retirement plan, over and above the company match on the 401K.
This Human Resource Manager will be focused on managing all Human Resource, Safety and Training responsibilities inside this small and growing facility. The HR Manager will primarily be an individual contributor with about 20% of the role responsible for strategic HR functions [recruiting, retention, programs, headcount budget, etc]. The other 80% of the role will be focused on tactical HR and Safety functions including recruiting, employee relations, compensation and benefits support, safety programming and training and other items. This position reports direct to the Plant Manager with a dotted-line to the Director of Human Resources off-site.
To be considered for this role, you must have a 4-year Bachelor’s degree in a related-field such as Human Resources, Business or related. You must have at least 5 years of Human Resource generalist/manager functions within a manufacturing environment. This role will be self-sufficient and you must have experience being both independent and self-motivated to be effective. You should have demonstrated great communication, experience dealing with all levels of employees, good on-the-floor experience and experience building and maintain HR and Safety related programs and processes. Human Resource professional certification is preferred [PHR, SPHR, etc]
The role is located just outside the Spartanburg, South Carolina area. The Greenville/ Spartanburg area of “upstate” South Carolina is one of the fastest growing areas in the Southeast US. Spartanburg is the 2nd largest city within the “Upstate” area combining for over 1.3 Million people. It has all the features of a small town while giving easy access to the Smokey Mountains, Coastal Carolina, Atlanta and Charlotte. In the hills of the mountains, the area has year-round mild weather and all 4 seasons; very little snow and not too humid. The area has continued to expand its economy by attracting and retaining high “technology” companies, automotive suppliers, and a wide range of manufacturing companies. The area is full of museums, festivals and parks making the area an excellent choice for families, empty nesters and singles. A low cost of housing, low crime rate and easy access to an International Airport round out the reasons this area is a top pick for re-locations of both companies and families.
ABOUT Xcentri Inc.:
Xcentri is an award-winning, full-service staffing and recruitment firm specializing in providing temporary and direct hire services for accounting/finance, engineering, office and administrative support, call center/customer service, and non-clinical healthcare positions. As a CEO Company, Xcentri was named to the Inc.5000 “Fastest Growing Private Companies” List for 2016 and 2017. The CEO companies Xcentri and CEO Inc. have also been honored with the Charlotte Business Journal’s “50 Fastest Growing Companies” for 2015-2016. For more information visit www.xcentri.com