Plan, direct, and coordinate all engineering activities to maximize the mission of the hotel property of "pleasing customers at a profit". To operate the Hotel’s maintenance department in a professional manner, at all times, while achieving the annual objectives.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY and DUTIES
- In coordination with Human Resources and the General Manager's approval, interview and hire all maintenance personnel.
- Use the property expense workbook to control expenses.
- Ensure that all new maintenance personnel receive thorough and adequate training in Hotel's company rules and regulations, departmental standards and any other information necessary to provide courteous, efficient, and personal service.
- Coordinate and control all work orders to the maintenance staff and to check the quality of work performed. Coordinate and maintain a Preventive Maintenance program for the building, grounds and physical plant by conforming to city, state, and federal laws and ordinances.
- Schedule to provide optimum coverage in peak times and control labor costs using supervisors to work shifts to control labor in lean times.
- Conduct end-of-probation, annual, and WELCH performance appraisals on all maintenance personnel in a timely manner as directed by HR.
- Ensure that all associates maintain a professional appearance and attitude. All uniforms must be hotel brand standard and approved by the GM.
- Ensure that all associates are trained and practice all areas of any hotel brand practices and policies
- Attend all required meetings.
- Walk the property daily making sure all life safety items are 100% to ensure the safety of all associates and guests.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by General Manager.
Education: Two year vocational I technical school or college certification in building maintenance preferred or comparable work experience.
Required Knowledge: Thorough knowledge and training in all areas of engineering and building maintenance including electrical, plumbing, air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The duties of this position are carried out both indoors (60%) and outdoors (40%) and maybe subject to adverse weather conditions and extreme changes in temperature.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: The Employee will be exposed to contact with chemical mixtures used in housekeeping, laundry, and maintenance procedures. An individual must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time with constant bending, stooping, climbing, and reaching required. An individual should be able to lift up to 75 lbs. and may frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 lbs. Manual dexterity is necessary for the manipulation of tools, machinery, paperwork, etc