Knight's Companies is seeking an experienced Shop Supervisor for our day shift to provide leadership and direction to our diesel technicians, while ensuring that equipment and vehicle repairs / maintenance are performed in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner. Qualified candidates must have prior supervisory experience.
- Competitive Wages
- Guaranteed Minimum Hours
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- Well-maintained fleet of new and refurbished trucks
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Supervise technicians to ensure proper work performance and accountability.
- Assist technicians with the use of diagnostic equipment to evaluate mechanical problems.
- Assign priority levels to all repair orders to ensure proper work flow.
- Evaluate complex repair issues and communicate to Service Manager for repair process.
- Perform quality control on all repaired vehicles and equipment to ensure all reported issues have been resolved and identify unreported issues.
- Review technicians’ repair orders to ensure proper write up of the complaint, cause, and correction.
- Provide counseling when improperly completed as needed.
- Communicate with internal customers (managers, supervisors, drivers, staff) to receive equipment issues, and provide daily updates on status of equipment / vehicles repairs and service.
- Dispatch Technicians to road service calls as needed.
- Assist in the training and development of Diesel Technicians I – III on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee company-owned shop tools / equipment to ensure that company-owned tools are in good working order and accounted for.
- Assist Service Manager with the recruitment and evaluation of technicians.
- Assist with the completion of periodic and annual performance evaluations
- Understand and operate according to DOT and industry-specific safety requirements.
- Follow and enforce safety procedures as outline in company polices.
- Identify and report unsafe conditions to Service Manager; follow up to ensure they are corrected.
- Follow company-assigned safety policies and procedures without exception.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Auto or diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical school preferred OR
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the diagnosis, repair, and troubleshooting of heavy equipment and passenger and commercial vehicles.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management or supervisory role.
- ASE Certifications preferred.
- Commercial Driver’s License Class A or B preferred.
- Ability to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly.
- Must provide own hand tools & toolbox.
- Knowledge of hand held scan tools and the process of diagnosing vehicles.
- Ability to read schematics and familiarity with the process.
- Proficient computer skills: knowledge of Excel, Word, Fleet Management Systems, and Email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.).
Apply online or in person at 480 Hodge Road, Bldg. 5, Summerville, SC 29483 between the hours of 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace
It is our goal at Knights Companies to be the benchmark in the construction industry by using teams of professionals, state of the art equipment and facilities to manufacture and deliver quality products and service.
The original company, Knight's Septic Tank, was founded in 1969 by CEO, Michael E. Knight which is now Knight's Companies and includes: Knight's Precast, Knights Redi-Mix, Knights Septic Tank and Knights Trucking, all of which strive to provide quality products and service to our friends and family in the construction industry.
Location/Region: Summerville, SC (US)