As a Field Engineer, you will provide technical engineering information to project & construction management to ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes and specifications.
- Assist with Project Submittals, Submittal Acquisition, and Review Incoming Submittal Prior to Sending to Owner
- Responsible for controlling job cost items
- Consistently record new cost codes and track/maintain quantities within the cost control system
- Assist construction management in maintaining project production on budget and on schedule.
- Review Critical Picks
- Be knowledgeable of company safety policies and assist with enforcement of these policies in the field, including Don’t Walk By
- Assist in Generating MPR, QF Reports & Project Cash Flow
- Perform Activity Take-offs
- Set productive, consistent, and acceptable work example
- Maintains knowledge of Flatirons company values and strategic plan
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others is essential
- Perform additional assignments per managements direction
- Perform Project Quantity Control (Accurate Quantity Tracking Binder)
- Perform Weekly Quantity Input in JD Edwards
- Expedite closure of the project by securing loose ends, finishing paper work, getting equipment manuals and warranties turned over to the owners, providing support for the construction management, getting retainages, and expediting any claims; follow documented checklist noting planned time of completion and actual completion
- Implement Environmental permits and regulations
- Develop good working relationship with owner, subcontractors, and company support groups such as estimating, accounting, payroll, etc.
- Assist in acquiring necessary plans/specifications and performing takeoffs for change order work.
- Acquire appropriate documentation to support the Company’s position for potential claims
- Coordinate Subcontractors as needed
- Evaluate schedule progress and update project schedule on a regular basis with realistic timetable for future work items
- Notify other team members of any significant schedule changes and participate in the development of a suggested alternative course of action
- Analyze shop drawings, as-builts, and other contract required documents to ensure completeness and accuracy and submit to the owner with necessary documentation
- Assist the superintendent in developing work plans & JHAs
- Manage company assets (krail, stringers, formwork, etc.) by planning for proper storage and keeping inventory records.
- Assist in Developing Work Plans, Post Plans & Pre-Plans
- Assist in generating Project Schedule (Baseline, Updates, Weekly)
- Provide quality control assistance at critical times (i.e. before a concrete pour, etc.) to ensure contract compliance
- Manage procurement and delivery of permanent materials and storage on the project site
- Verify compliance with contract specifications and submit certifications/other documentation to the appropriate QC/QA personnel
- Review project specifications and confer with Project Manager and Project Engineer concerning project requirements; such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, evaluations of field conditions, design changes, and reports
- Participate in the preparation of the project construction schedule to include dates and the sequence of activities such as craft assignments, crew sizes, project site layout of offices, traffic flow, and material storage
- Anticipate project needs with sufficient lead-time so as not to disrupt or delay production
- Assist in development of design/drawings for temporary works: for example, falsework, shoring, formwork, etc.
- Miscellaneous engineering design work as applicable to the project (for example: critical picks, lift drawings, etc.)
- Bachelors Degree in a related field from an accredited institution
- Or 1 year related experience and/or training
- Construction engineering experience or knowledge required.
- Beginner knowledge of construction equipment & techniques, drawing & specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to the project.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
About this company
Join one of North America’s most respected & fastest growing heavy civil infrastructure contractors.
Now Hiring Trades-people for the following areas: General Superintendent – Structures Superintendent – Structures Field Engineers Cost Engineers Structures Foreman Earthwork Foreman Bridge Carpenters Crane Operators Earthwork Operators General Laborers
Flatiron builds roads, bridges, rail, airports, dams, industrial, water and underground projects from common to complex, large-scale jobs. Delivering successful projects under a variety of contracting methods, Flatiron has unparalleled design-build and public-private partnership experience and expertise.
Location/Region: Greenville, SC (US - 29601)