Due to continued and expected growth, Flatiron is looking for a number of experienced Superintendents (civil or structures) within our Southeast region. As a Superintendent, you will schedule, coordinate and supervise activities of workers (laborers, operators, carpenters, finishers, etc.) engaged on the project for civil, roadway and/or structural/bridge components on the project. We currently have 15+ ongoing projects across the Southeast region, ranging from $20M bid build to $300M+ Design Build projects. We are continuing to aggressively pursue new work throughout the region.
- Plan, direct and supervise workers engaged in heavy highway or civil construction. Activities include planning, organizing, directing and controlling methods of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, work schedule and reviewing documentations
- Conduct and/or direct project safety meetings and promote and enforce craft and subcontractors compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented
- Supervise, mentor and coach foremen in your assigned work area and provide liaison between field engineering, estimating, and craft to ensure compliance of construction with drawings and specifications and that work is carried out to the highest standard
- Coordinate assigned work with craft, sub-contractors and company departments
- Inspects work areas to determine type of work required and materials and equipment to be used and coordinate with equipment superintendent (where relevant) to insure constant flow of materials
- Assist in jobsite setup
- Resolve construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) and constructability challenges as required
- Mentor and coach foremen as it relates to company policies and procedures and work requirements
- Maintain liaison with other departments (i.e., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or relevant field experience and/or training, with 5+ years of heavy civil construction related experience as a superintendent working in large scale infrastructure and/or bridge projects
- Management experience of medium sized multidisciplinary teams required
- Expert knowledge of tool & equipment safety
- Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) certification
- Valid Driver's License
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Flatiron is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
About this company
Join one of North America’s most respected & fastest growing heavy civil infrastructure contractors.
Now Hiring Trades-people for the following areas: General Superintendent – Structures Superintendent – Structures Field Engineers Cost Engineers Structures Foreman Earthwork Foreman Bridge Carpenters Crane Operators Earthwork Operators General Laborers
Flatiron builds roads, bridges, rail, airports, dams, industrial, water and underground projects from common to complex, large-scale jobs. Delivering successful projects under a variety of contracting methods, Flatiron has unparalleled design-build and public-private partnership experience and expertise.
Location/Region: Greenville, SC (US - 29601)