HOUSING ENRICHMENT COORDINATOR (Human Services): This position is not involved with coordinating the services and housing of individuals who are homeless or low-income earners. As a staff member in the Human Services Department, the Housing Coordinator performs tasks as assigned by the department director, including but not limited to the following: Developing, coordinating, and managing a countywide affordable housing program according to the County’s Comprehensive Plan and in compliance with federal, state and local requirements; utilizing the Beaufort County Housing Management Information System (HMIS) data for information and reporting; developing a clear performance measurement system that can be documented, implemented and measured based on both HMIS and housing needs assessment reports; completing annual housing needs assessment updates; maintaining a housing Inventory database; working with community agencies and other governmental entities to develop funding priorities for existing affordable housing revenue streams; researching prevention and re-housing methods and national best practices and developing recommendations; establishing relationships with Beaufort County landlords and researching best practices for landlord engagement in low income, affordable, and supportive housing in Beaufort County; and developing protocols, and providing training and implementing the annual HUD Point in Time Count.
Other duties may include drafting and recommending policies and action plans to Beaufort County Administration; coordinating the implementation of action plans in the community; monitoring housing inventory, including identification of compliance violations; performing community outreach and education; preparing and coordinating housing grants and loan applications; marketing new affordable housing opportunities, including developing marketing plans; and assisting in the preparation of requests for proposals for housing projects.
- 7 years of recent and professional experience in a similar capacity and/or working with housing, social services, homeless systems, or affordable housing, preferably in a rural community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Planning, Political Science, Public Administration, Real Estate, Urban Development/Studies or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate skills and experience to meet the needs of Beaufort County residents seeking affordable housing.
- Ability to forge a positive working relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to present oral and written information clearly and accurately.
- Ability to perform tasks with limited supervision or assistance.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong outreach, project, and time management skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Computer proficiency.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.
Beaufort County is a County Government facility that offers extensive, and better than comparable, benefits which include state retirement.
Location/Region: Beaufort, SC (US)