Sr. Cyber Operations Specialist
Fort Gordon, GA
Ready to use your expertise on a wide variety of difficult defense security assignments, applying analytical techniques as part of a team that tackles national defense challenges? Want to take your Cyber skills to the next level to work on tough projects that will make a huge impact? Parsons is now hiring fully qualified Cyber Operations Specialist , experienced in utilizing Cyber methods and practices with a passion for providing systems support on a variety of highly complex tasks.
The individual will support cyber operations in direct coordination with customers. He or she will provide advice, technical expertise and operational understanding of Parsons capabilities employed by government personnel and help to tie them to established staff processes utilized by customer organizations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS degree and 10+ years of related professional experience in the field of Cyber Operations.
- Will consider experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
• Candidates must be proficient at Linux administration using the command line interface (CLI). Candidates must be capable of maintaining Debian or Red Hat based Linux systems to include using common CLI tools (cd, less, netstat, ps, etc.), installing and maintaining programs (apt, yum), conducting remote administration (SSH), transferring files (SCP), and performing basic troubleshooting. Candidates must be able to parse and manipulate textual data using tools such as Grep, Awk, Cut, Sed, etc.
• Candidates must possess strong a understanding of networking to include the OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol, and common application protocols including HTTP/S, DNS, Telnet, SSH, FTP, SMTP, SMB, etc.
• Candidates must possess a strong understanding of enterprise networking concepts and technologies including Cisco IOS, and routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, RIP, etc.
• Candidates must be proficient at analyzing network packet capture using industry standard tools including Wireshark, Tshark, TcpDump, Bro, Snort, etc.
• Candidates must be able to automate tasks using scripted or high level programming languages such as Python, C, Bash, etc. Candidates must be knowledgeable of basic programming constructs including variables, input/output, functions, branching (if/else), and repetition statements (for, while).
• Candidates must remain current on IT/InfoSec technologies, threats, and skills. Desirable Skills:
• Expertise in penetration testing, red teaming, or offensive cyber operations.
• Expertise in forensics, intrusion detection, and information security operations.
• Expertise in network protocol reverse engineering and fuzzing with libraries such as Scapy or Sulley.
• Expertise in network architecture and design, including knowledge of Cloud and virtualization technologies.
• Active certifications from the following vendors are highly desirable: Offensive Security (OSCP), GIAC/SANS, Red Hat, OpenStack, Cisco, and VMWare.
All candidates must be US Citizens and possess an active security clearance.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of technical services. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Location/Region: Fort Gordon, GA