1. MUST HAVE CURRENT LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION
2. Work in a public pool setting as a Lifeguard
3. Enforce all rules and regulations.
4. Administer any emergency first aid required within the limits of training; provide initial emergency care needed to sustain life until qualified medical personnel take over.
5. Clean and otherwise service the pool and pool decks at least daily to insure that health and safety standards are maintained at all times. Report definite or potential hazards and unsafe conditions to the Manager immediately.
6. Collect daily pool fees.
7. Maintain facility in inspection readiness and cleanliness at all times; and keeps all staff,
lifesaving, and first aid equipment in readiness to respond to emergency situations at all times.
8. Participate in in-service training sessions.
9. Perform other related duties as required.
1. Current certification in Lifeguard Training from American Red Cross, Boy Scouts of America,
YMCA, or other nationally recognized equivalent.
2. Current certification in American Red Cross- or national recognized equivalent- CPR-PR and
Standard First Aid.
Richland County Recreation Commission is a Special Purpose District covering the non-incorporated areas of Richland County - located in the midlands of South Carolina.