Kudzu Staffing are looking to hire a Press Assistant for a GROWING company in the Rock Hill area of South Carolina.
This opportunity for the RIGHT person will lead to a Permanent Full Time position with outstanding benefits.
Entry Level with Plenty of Room to Grow!!!
Assists Press Operators in the setup, operation, and changeover of flexographic printing jobs to print product on rolls of flexible plastic film and other stock in a safe, efficient, and effective manner. Prepares plates on cylinders to be used on the presses for printing labels.
- Previews job order and inspect incoming job’s mounted photopolymer plates, water base inks, substrates, and detail information.
- Helps in all stages of press changeovers.
- Washes press and returns job components and ink pans at end of run Review material needs per report tools including production schedule. Determine material needs for shift and keep rolls of base material and laminate stocked on press.
- Checks and maintains pH and viscosity of inks and coatings.
- Lubricates and oils the press as needed.
- Cleans the equipment during and at the end of the shift per prescribed procedures.
- Maintains a safe and orderly work area throughout the shift.
- Learns some aspects of color matching.
- Assists in preparing quality status forms for work flow documentation.
- Learn the press operation sufficiently to monitor press runs during operator breaks. The press assistant can be a natural progression to operator trainee position if interest, aptitude and good attendance are part of the press assistants demonstrated performance and skills.
- Make plates per the Prepress Department’s design and customer requirements. Mount plates on indicated cylinder size in correct unwind and position per specifications. Clean and file plates to ensure the clearest impression on the press.
- Pull upcoming jobs before they are due to ensure the platemounting is complete before being needed by the press area. Keep up to date on the upcoming schedule by viewing the schedule board. Seek out job tickets, plate files and Master Books to secure additional information as needed.
- Receive and request supplies for the platemounting area. Coordinate with the purchasing/production planning coordinator to order needed supplies. Receives and records dies and cylinders from outside sources.
- Return and file plates in the proper order.
- Fill out all paperwork properly (Audit sheets, Pull sheets, Remake slips, etc.).
- Safely operate a forklift following appropriate training & certification.
- Return material to proper storage location. Record material usage transactions accurately in computer system.
Must have A GED or High School Diploma
Ability to read a Metric Ruler
Ability to read a ruler in 16ths and 32nds.
Whether you are looking for employment or looking for staff, Kudzu Staffing of Fort Mill is dedicated to provide an exceptional staffing service. At Kudzu, recruiters and account representatives are synonymous with one another to guarantee a seamless hiring process. Our recruiters form honest, reliable partnerships with applicants and clients alike so we can keep our promise to match the most qualified candidates available.
Let us show you the Kudzu difference. At Kudzu, We've got you covered!
Location/Region: Rock Hill, SC (US)