To ensure guests, visitors and other employees are provided with clean climate controlled public spaces, clean and well maintained guest rooms with up to date equipment in working order. To assist in leading the engineering team and assist with cost controls.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Assist in ensuring that new maintenance personnel receive thorough and adequate training in Brand, Company, and Departmental Standards and any other information necessary to provide courteous, efficient, and professional service.
• Ensure that all engineering personnel provide a willing, warm and timely response to all guest requests.
• Work with front desk and housekeeping to keep Guest Log (issues) up to date.
• Ensure all engineering personnel maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
• Ensure employees follow assigned break times and know where they are at all times
• Assist in regular maintenance of all equipment.
• Repair equipment as able and as needed
• Maintain highest level of guest security and confidentiality.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Chief Engineer or hotel General Manager
General Education and/or comparable work experience previous experience in Maintenance
Thorough knowledge of hotel facilities
Good organizational skills and attention to detail. Good communication skills.
Good supervisory skills.
Ability to read and write in English
The duties for this position are carried out both indoors (60%) and outdoors (40%) and may be subject to adverse weather conditions and extreme changes in temperature. The employee will be exposed to contact with chemical mixtures when assisting with cleaning rooms.
To perform the essential functions of this position, the individual must be able to see, speak and hear and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. An individual must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time with constant bending, stooping and reaching required. An individual should also be able to lift up to 75 lbs. and may frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 lbs. Manual dexterity is necessary for the manipulation of cleaning tools, supplies, paperwork, etc. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.