Who you are: We are looking for a Litigation Paralegal with a focus on medical malpractice defense. This person has excellent communication skills, is organized, detail-oriented, positive and a self-starter.
Who we are: We are problem solvers that provide peace of mind through exceptional work. We are proactive, attentive, and conscientious. In all our relationships, we strive to be personally interactive, responsive, informative, and consistent in our communications.
The position: This is a full-time position. The Paralegal will be responsible for:
- Assisting attorneys with preparation of answers, interrogatory responses, document production and motions
- Communicating directly with clients, witnesses and third parties regarding specific client matters
- Validating client information, preparing correspondence, and docketing case information and deadlines into the firm’s practice management software.
- Assisting attorneys in depositions, witness preparation, and research.
- Providing general administrative support to attorneys, including proofreading, copying, faxing, scanning, filing, preparing and reviewing mail, answering incoming phone calls, and scheduling.
-Attention to Detail: Demonstrates the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Takes pride in paying attention to detail and possesses strong analytical skills.
-Organized Work Flow: Demonstrates the ability to organize and service numerous clients and multiple cases with varying fact patterns on a daily basis.
-Oral, Written, Non-Verbal Communication: Possesses a solid writing ability demonstrating attention to grammar and spelling; communicates clearly, tactfully, and in a concise manner both verbally and written.
-Process Driven: Demonstrates the ability to create and follow processes to increase firm efficiency.
-Polished: Professional, positive, and upbeat attitude.
-Time Management and Deadlines: Manages workload, demonstrates the ability to prioritize assignments; commits fully to the job and deadlines, and achieves results efficiently. Willing and able to adjust to changing conditions and/or priorities.
- Attention to Detail
- Organized workflow
- Proficient level of Word
- Proficient level of Outlook (calendaring, scheduling appointments, and avoiding calendar conflicts)
- Proficient level of Excel
- Expert level of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and ability to write and proofread
- Confidence and ease in speaking with clients and communicating with them via email and text
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize; ability to be flexible and accepting of change in schedule
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as a paralegal
- College degree preferred
- Experience with TimeMatters case management software is preferred
- Experience with TimeSlips billing software is preferred
Location: Buckhead, Georgia
Deadline: Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year