First Quality was founded in 1989 and, in nearly three decades, has grown to be a global privately held company with
over 4,000 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, and Canada. First Quality is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (print and packaging materials and thermoformed plastics), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. First Quality focuses on private label and branded product lines.
Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, FQE is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking an experienced Controls Engineers for our facility located in Lewistown, PA.
This position is responsible for specifying, designing and implementing complex controls systems and software
programming on production equipment and associated machinery.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Leads/Supports internal Project and Process Engineers, Maintenance & Production personnel, OEMs, vendors, and contractors to design, install, interface, and start up new equipment and process controls.
* Responsible for maintaining DCS's, PLC's, HMI's, servo systems, motors, drives, sensors, vision sensors and data collection and analysis software, based on our companies controls standards criteria. Assesses, identifies, schematically designs, and makes complex program modifications in DCS's, PLC's logic, HMI's programs and servo controller logic to improve individual equipment and overall system's performance.
* Performs high level troubleshooting, in-depth critical thinking, and utilizes all internal & external resources to solve any electrical, mechanical or process problem.
* Coordinates machine data collection and archiving as well as assists in the analysis of this data. This requires interfacing production and lab equipment to the plant network as well as maintaining and improving the data historian system.
* Leads Controls support during machine installations and upgrades. This includes interfacing auxiliary equipment, identifying and correcting errors in programming and wiring and ensuring vendors and contractors are meeting our needs and expectations.
* Expected to keep abreast of all of the new controls technologies, industry trends, health and safety regulations and standards that affect current operations.
* Provides technical and operating training to production, warehouse, and other personnel as needed. Assists in project planning and forecasting as part of budgeting process.
* Assists production, maintenance, and engineers to meet daily priorities, coverage, and special projects. Will lead several of these projects.
* Will supervisor, assign work, provide performance monitoring and reviews, and provide daily priority setting for Controls Technicians.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and education:
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics/Electrical Technology.
* Must have 1 year supervisory experience.
* Preferred 5 years' experience in a production environment implementing process improvements for high speed production equipment with PLC's, servo drives, motion controls and HMI's.
* Experience providing technical analysis, feasibility studies and recommendations for controls systems requirements preferred.
* Allen Bradley and/or Siemens programming experience required.
* Advanced knowledge of all PLC based hardware and software.
* Microsoft Office, SQL Server and Manufacturing Execution System Software.
* Must be able to perform AutoCAD documentation of electrical systems.
Excellent compensation and benefit package!
For immediate and confidential consideration, please visit our website at www.firstquality.com & click on the Join Us tab!
provided by The Lewistown Sentinel
Location/Region: Anderson, SC (US - 29626)