Department: Public Works
Position: Full Time with Benefits
The County of Laurens, in the beautiful and prosperous Upstate of South Carolina, is seeking a professional leader to head its Public Works Department.
Laurens County is in one of the fastest growing MSAs in the USA and poised for great growth in the coming decade.
The Public Works Department includes:
- Buildings & Grounds
- Roads and Bridges
- Solid Waste Management
- Litter Humane
- and some growth-related functions
- Bachelor of Science in engineering from an accredited college or university
- Experience in varied public works disciplines including road and bridge construction and maintenance, building and grounds construction and maintenance
- Solid waste collection, disposal and recycling, litter and animal control and knowledge of storm water management practices with 5 years’ department head or executive level
- Progressively responsible experience in public works operations and administration
- Certification as a professional Engineer (P.E.) is preferred
- A proven history of positive leadership, workplace productivity, customer focus, and oral and written communication skills is required.
All interested persons may click apply now!
Location/Region: Laurens, SC