American Roller Company is a leader in the design and manufacture of custom “one of a kind” and standard rollers for the converting industry. We seek out bright, highly motivated, enthusiastic employees who love exceeding expectations every day to join our team. If you have the drive to make a difference for customers and yourself, consider joining American Roller Company! We offer extremely competitive compensation together with a comprehensive benefit package.
The 1st Shift Grinder sets up and operates cylindrical grinders to produce a quality product to print specifications. Save all up-to-date documents and CNC programs to the appropriate file folder.
- Setup machine and grind parts to print or shop tolerances.
- Determines type of wheel to be used.
- Pre-inspects part to ensure it can be ground per specifications.
- Inspects part in machine and fills out inspection report and job traveler
- Performs the final polishing and finishing of part.
- Rustproof and wraps roll and put into crate and put cover on crate.
- Ring test grinding wheel before mounting to machine arbor.
- Balance grinding wheels as required
- Deburr finished part.
- Maintain a clean and safe working area.
- Keeps desk top computer and keyboard clean and safe from damage.
- Perform material handling as required
- Review blueprint and E-drawings to detect print errors related to work being performed.
- Straighten rolls and shafts as required by use of torch or hydraulic press.
- Load and unload product on the machine.
- Ensure all machine parts are properly protected.
- Obtain shop supplies and material required to run the job
- Return all blueprints to the print rack
- Accurately logs in and out each day and enters timekeeping data into Job-Boss Workstation Driver
- Can use MICROSOFT SHAREPOINT and locate pertinent job information.
- Can use E-drawings to locate pertinent job information.
- Performs daily machine maintenance and completes daily maintenance sheet.
- Follows all standard CREW shop practices and ISO work instructions.
- Has the ability to write cnc programs with minimum supervision
- Communicates to other operators and supervisors information regarding work procedures being used and anticipated on the job. Provides complete written work instructions to coworker at shift-change.
American Roller is an industrial powerhouse providing roller solutions in over 50 markets. With 10 US sites and an International presence we are poised for future growth. To learn more, please visit http://americanroller.com
Location/Region: Rock Hill, SC (US)