CITY OF ANDERSON, SC
CLASS TITLE Crime Analyst
ENTRY SALARY DUQ $$44,326
Excellent Non SC Retirement Plan
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
- Performs a variety of complex professional analyses
- Geographical mapping analyses of relative crime information
- Collects, analyzes, prepares and disseminates information relative to crime patterns and trend correlations to assist operational personnel in the police department
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to the following;
- May require evenings, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.
- Analyzes, prepares and disseminates analytical data and other information relevant to crime series, trends, patterns and suspect information to enhance proactive and reactive law enforcement capabilities.
- Performs geographical mapping analyses relevant to crime, trends, patterns and perpetrators.
- The successful candidate should be familiar and experienced with Compstat or a similar statistical program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent in public or business administration, criminal justice, information management or related field;
- and one to two years of related experience and/or training;
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
All applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, physical, or mental ability.
Location/Region: Anderson, SC