Position Summary (Primary Function)
Responsible for performing airport facilities maintenance, including but not limited to electrical, HVAC, plumbing, airfield lighting and signage and general building repair.
- Individual will participate in safety programs and safety training and have total commitment and compliance with all company safety and environmental policies.
- Maintain the electrical systems for all airport facilities.
- Perform repairs to electrical and electro-mechanical equipment in a timely manner using effective troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques.
- Maintain all facilities lighting to include: troubleshooting, replacement of lamps, ballast and fixtures.
- The person will be expected to work with up to 480 volt 3-phase equipment and switch panels as well as lower voltages in both single and 3-phase.
- Install and/or remove conduit and wiring for electrical circuits.
- Inspect and maintain a variety of equipment including, but not limited to: motors, pumps, drives, fans, generators, boarding bridges, compressors, etc.
- Inspect and maintain airfield lighting, signage, regulators, wiring and other associated components.
- Assist with other maintenance tasks that may not be directly related to electrical.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections and corrections to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability of equipment.
- Shall assume responsibility for minimizing interruption to operations and completion of tasks in a manner that ensures optimum reliability of equipment.
- Shall perform sheet rock installation, finishing and repair.
- Shall occasionally perform prep-work and painting tasks.
- Cleanup of pre-assigned areas and work spaces.
- Assist with snow and ice removal activities.
- Shall perform other duties necessary to keep the airport operating safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for setting an effective pace and for minimizing interruptions in the completion of tasks.
- Will be required to work without direct supervision in an effective and safe manner.
Education Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Education, Experience, Ability)
- High School Diploma or GED required. Secondary education (Associate’s Degree, Military, or Job Training), three (3) years' experience as an electrician at a large commercial or industrial facility; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must demonstrate the desire to continue training and upgrading knowledge needed to stay abreast of changing technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- See educational requirements.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The person must be capable of reasoning through problems involving simple and complex equipment.
- The person must have a thorough knowledge of and exercise judgment and planning in selecting and using materials, tools, and equipment in electrical construction, or maintenance.
- Must be knowledgeable in the operations of various types of meters and measuring equipment.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the National Electrical Code and apply the code to all electrical work.
- Shall be knowledgeable in the application of Ohm’s Law.
- Shall be capable of accurately measuring, bending and installing electrical conduit.
- The person must have the ability to read, understand, and be capable of applying knowledge of written information, electrical wiring diagrams, OEM manuals, schematics, blueprints, etc.
- Must have the ability to understand and communicate both verbally and in writing, and have sufficient math skills to work electrical equations.
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced in the installation and repair of such components as motors, starters, transformers, distribution panels, lighting, fire and security alarms and access control circuits.
- Must be physically able to operate a forklift and aerial man lifts.
- Must be able to operate vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission and those equipped with a manual transmission.
- The person must have the ability to work and communicate effectively with others including supervisors, management personnel, fellow associates, contractors, vendors and technical representatives.
- This position requires skills in prioritization, organization, verbal communications and interpersonal relations.
- May be required to complete an annual medical physical designed for the performance and requirements of the job.
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License
- Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information.
- Reasonable care for equipment/process will prevent injury/damage.
- Responsible for own work, but must coordinate work with others.
- Physical Demand - Must be physically able to use the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required of the job. Worker will be exposed to heat, cold, rain, snow and icy conditions. Works near mechanical and electrical equipment, risk of electrical shock. Exposure to flammable, toxic and caustic chemicals. Exposure to heights and will be required to work from ladders and lifts. Must possess the ability to perform strenuous physical activities, engage in sustained physical exertion and perform arduous work under adverse conditions. Must maintain physical fitness pertinent to the work. Frequent bending and stooping. Will be required to lift objects up to 55 pounds without assistance. May be exposed to noise levels greater than 55db. All necessary Personal Protective Equipment will be provided by the airport.
- Mental and/or Visual Demand - Mental and visual demands are high and vary with function performed. Consistent mental attention needed to respond safely and efficiently. Frequent work or travel in or near roadways, parking areas, and aircraft ramp areas require constant vigilance of vehicular, aircraft and equipment traffic.
- Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce potential risk of injury in work areas.
- Exposed to normal office environment and normal aviation environment.
- This position requires uncommon tours of duty to include but not limited to weekends and holidays, rotating shift assignments and overtime duty.
- Will be subject to recall after normal duty hours.
Location/Region: Greer, SC (US - 29651)