Position Summary (Primary Function)
Perform maintenance on airport vehicles, equipment, fuel trucks and GSE equipment.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Individual will participate in safety programs and safety training and have total commitment and compliance with all company safety and environmental policies.
- Responsible for immediately reporting any accidents or unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- This individual is responsible for becoming progressively more knowledgeable in assigned tasks, procedures, techniques and required tools in order to maximize efficiency.
- This position requires an airfield and ramp driving permit. This individual is responsible for knowing driving procedures and rules and for successfully completing initial and subsequent training.
- Assist supervisor with the development of preventative maintenance (PM) tasks and schedules for vehicles and equipment.
- Perform maintenance on airport vehicles, fuel trucks and equipment and GSE equipment to include inspections, PM (preventative maintenance) and repairs.
- Perform maintenance on 2 and 4 cycle engines including small motorized tools such as chain saws, weed eaters, blowers etc.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner while ensuring optimum reliability of vehicles and equipment.
- Responsible for monitoring materials inventory in the mechanic’s work area (e.g. lubricants, antifreeze, cleaners, etc) and report low inventories to supervisor.
- Complete inspections thoroughly and accurately.
- Perform inspections and maintenance on all emergency generators.
- Responsible for clean-up of pre-assigned areas and workspaces.
- Assist with and monitor fuel deliveries and transfers.
- Fill in for supply clerk upon his/her absence,learn the MP2 check out and download duties.
- Assist with snow and ice removal activities.
- Shall perform other duties necessary to keep the airport operating safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for setting an effective pace and for minimizing interruptions in the completion of tasks.
- Will be required to work without direct supervision in an effective and safe manner.
Education Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Education, Experience, Ability)
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate Degree in automotive mechanics; five years of experience in vehicle and equipment repair, including experience with gasoline and diesel engines, large equipment and small engines; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must demonstrate the desire and willingness to continue training and upgrading knowledge needed to stay abreast of changing technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires at least five (5) years experience in automotive and equipment repair and maintenance.
- Experience in the maintenance of aircraft cargo equipment, airport firefighting equipment and snow removal equipment a plus.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A good knowledge of the operations and maintenance of heavy equipment including diesel and gasoline engines, automotive electrical systems, hydraulic and transfer fundamentals as well as other functions of heavy equipment.
- A good knowledge of 2 and 4 cycle engine repair including small motorized tools such as chain saws, weed eaters, blowers etc.
- A thorough knowledge of the equipment, tools, materials, and practices necessary for performing all aspects of automotive and equipment maintenance.
- Must have the ability to understand and communicate both verbally and in writing, and capable of preparing clear and concise records.
- Must be able to operate vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission and those equipped with a manual transmission.
- Knowledge in the use of a personal computer; Microsoft Word; Excel; Windows is a plus.
- Must be physically able to operate various equipment, including but not limited to, backhoe, tractor, forklift and riding mowers.
- Must possess or be wing to obtain within a year of hire date, a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with air brake endorsement.
- May be required to complete an annual medical physical designed for the performance and requirements of the job.
None at this time
- Valid Driver’s License
- Class B CDL or Obtain Class B within 1 year of hire date
None at this time.
- Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information.
- Reasonable care for equipment/process will prevent injury/damage.
- Responsible for own work, but must coordinate work with others.
- Physical Demand - Must be physically able to use the PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) required of the job. Worker will be exposed to heat, cold, rain, snow and icy conditions. Noise levels may exceed 55 db. Work near moving vehicles and equipment, risk of being struck. Exposure to flammable, toxic and caustic chemicals. Exposure to heights and will be required to work from ladders and lifts. Must possess the ability to perform strenuous physical activities, engage in sustained physical exertion and perform arduous work under adverse conditions. Must maintain physical fitness pertinent to the work. Frequent bending and stooping. Ability to lift and transport objects weighing up to 55 pounds without assistance. All necessary Personal Protective Equipment will be provided by the airport.
- Mental and/or Visual Demand - Mental and visual demands are high and vary with function performed. Consistent mental attention needed to respond safely and
- efficiently. Frequent work or travel in or near roadways, parking areas, and aircraft ramp areas require constant vigilance of vehicular, aircraft and equipment traffic.
- Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce potential risk of injury in work areas.
- Exposure to normal office, aviation and commercial environment.
- This position requires uncommon tours of duty to include but not limited to weekends and holidays, rotating shift assignments and overtime duty.
- Will be subject to recall after normal duty hours.
Location/Region: Greer, SC (US)