Chapin Furniture is a Family Owned and Operated Home Furnishings business with a thirteen year history of selling to the Chapin and Greater Columbia region. Now a leading Furniture Retailer and Interior Design provider in the Greater Columbia market, we are celebrating our second year in our new state-of-the-art 45,000 square foot retail establishment.
We are now hiring Design Consultants with energy, initiative, and love for design and home furnishings to help us meet the increased demands of our new business.
This position requires the ability to guide a client through the design process by listening to the needs of their spaces, and helping coordinate fabrics, furniture, textures and colors that will create inspiring spaces for living. Sales ability is also crucial to the success at this position, along with a keen eye for current designs. Previous proven sales experience, and previous interior design experience is required, although you are not required to have an interior design degree.
Some Highlights of what Chapin Furniture offers to our clients:
- Design Services
- Columbia's only Bassett HGTV Design Gallery
- Norwalk Custom Design Gallery
- Dedicated design center for working on projects and meeting with and making presentations with clients
- One of Greater Columbia's largest Serta, Simmons, and Tempurpedic Sleep Centers
- Vast Recliner and Motion Furniture Selections
- Youth Furniture Gallery
- Custom Order Rug Gallery
- Greater Columbia’s only Klaussner gallery
- On-site 15,000 square foot high rise warehouse
- Fully Staffed White-Glove Delivery and Warehouse Team
- Aggressive advertising campaigns to draw in new business
CANDIDATE'S NEEDED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Passion for new trends, color, technology and furnishings, and the ability to guide clients through the design process in their homes / businesses
- Ability to relate to clients with Excitement, Integrity, and Creativity
- Must enjoy working in fast-paced environment, with ability to help multiple clients simultaneously on busy days
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and staff
- Completion of training requirements as necessary
- Previous sales and design experience required, preferably in the furniture industry
- Guaranteed base salary and commission incentives. Income potential is really dependent on the applicant's abilities to sale and design, but an estimated annual income range is $36,000-$80,000.
- Strong customer traffic to increase sales opportunities, and a great atmosphere for working with clients.
- Shared Plan individual health coverage benefits after 60 days of fulltime employment.
- Training opportunities to advance within the company
- Paid Vacations
- A team that works together and encourages each other, and who will help you excel and grow
- Closed Sundays
If you would like to interview for a position with our team, please submit the following items electronically. We would love to hear from you!
- Resume with references.
- Any samples of your design work (professional or otherwise), and/or links to your Pinterest, or other design-related pins or postings that might reveal your style interests.
- A brief statement about why you would like to interview with Chapin Furniture.
Job Type: Full-time
Chapin Furniture is a family-owned furniture store with a new 30,000 square foot retail store, and state-of-the art 15,000 square foot warehouse located in Chapin, SC, only ten minutes from Columbia, SC. We attract furniture shoppers from all over the Greater Columbia, SC area, and also sale nationally to clients online. Our Core Values are based on Biblical Principles and Family Values and are as follows:
1. Integrity- Being honest, trustworthy and credible
2. Creativity- Inspiring others through updated and changing décor and ideas. We celebrate classic style, but don’t settle for what always has been. We want to be relevant, here and now.
3. Service- Using our gifts to serve others. Serve others as we would want to be served (the Golden Rule).
4. Growth- Like a tree, if we are not growing, we are dying. Individual. Business. Team. We make efforts to water and feed the tree. Learn and Grow.
5. Ownership- Responsibility, accountability, empowerment, pride. We don’t own the customer. We DO OWN up to our mistakes, and attempt to make things right when they go wrong. There is pride in doing the right thing.
Location/Region: Columbia, SC (US)