Trident Medical Care is a multi-disciplinary healthcare facility located in Athens, GA. We are currently seeking Medical Assistant / Chiropractic Assistants to assist our medical providers with the treatment of patients with musculo-skeletal injuries.
Trident Medical Centers is an equal opportunity employer.
Responsibilities and Duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaison between patient and healthcare provider.
- Answer phone and perform follow up calls and scheduling
- Prepare patients for visit by directing/accompanying patients to the examining room for the examination and/or treatment.
- Assists health care providers during examinations as directed.
- Maintains medical records for the patient
- Maintains treatment rooms including appropriate supplies, linens, instruments, and equipment for examination of patients on a daily basis.
- Inventories and orders medical supplies
- Instruct patient on active therapies such as therapeutic exercises and stretching
- Develop X-Rays
- Issue and Instructions for DME
- Perform electric stem ,ultrasound, hot packs, an other modalities
- Other duties may also be assigned by Providers/Licensed Clinical staff
Qualifications and Skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent communication and patient service skills required.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant, Physical Therapy Aide, or Chiro Assistant program
- Two years of experience preferred in Physical Medicine based practice such as; Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, or Orthopedic Office.
Location/Region: Athens, GA (US)