Our client, a premier automotive manufacturer, is located in the upstate area of SC. This position is a long term renewable contract opportunity.
Assists with the administration of the AFCS (Automated Fastener Confirmation System). Defines and optimizes systems and methods utilized in daily AFCS system operation, monitoring, and emergency strategies. Coordinates tool movement and maintenance of master data related to system operation. Supports/leads investigation, resolution, and implementation of solutions for major fastening investigations, including follow-up on torque specifications due to strip outs, cross threading. Plans technical aspects of fastening systems including hardware/software modifications as required. Leads special projects as assigned including equipment and structure modifications. Implements company standards for torque monitoring and fastening.
- Plans and/or leads any changes to the assembly fastening strategy, maintaining fastening system status/structure overview (confirmations, tool locations, tool movements, TDS, and line balance activities).
- Plans, procures, implements, and provides technical support for process tools, fixtures, equipment, software, hardware and/or process definition.
- Leads any special projects and/or self-initiated projects continuous improvement, structural planning, and/or other series/new model related planning projects.
- Provides specialized technical guidance and support to team members.
- Monitors and maintains IT systems utilized for AFCS and maintains interaction with plant IT department as needed.
- Provides training and process improvement for AFCS system activities/projects for production, planning, & support areas utilizing responsible systems/processes.
- Assists with analysis on process, quality and/or systems failures not solvable by production areas.
- Performs ROI calculations for CIP, structural, series, and or new model related projects and implements project specific tasks independently or with the assistance of project team.
- Assists with problem solving activities using general knowledge of department, platform, and/or equipment related systems.
- Measurable include AFCS system uptime/pass rate, availability of tools, fixture & equipment for AFCS (new model & series), CIP project completion to plan, resolution of PQM items, adherence to budget planned to target, Value Added Request (VAR) completion to planned to target, and core and department specific training completion as required.
- BS or MS degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering preferred), or the equivalent of 4 years manufacturing engineering experience.
- 6+ years of related professional engineering experience, including 3+ years of project/system management
- Market leading pay with potential for annual salary increases
- Long term assignments with opportunity for direct hire by client
- 401K, Medical, dental, vision, term life, short-term disability, and accidental loss
- Uniform allowance
- Paid time off and company paid holidays
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it's not just about your job - it's about your life, your family and your future.
MAU Workforce Solutions staffs excellent, effective people for their partners, allowing them to focus on their core competencies. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family-owned, minority company making lives better for applicants, clients, and employees through innovative workforce solutions. Today, with Branch and vendor on premise locations across the South and recruiting partners worldwide, MAU has global capabilities to help with all staffing, recruiting, and outsourcing needs.
Location/Region: Greer, SC (US)