Title: Talent Engagement Specialist - Aiken WFS
Job Category: Direct Care/Operations
Line of Business: Workforce Services
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Talent Engagement Specialist - Aiken WFS.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.Talent Engagement Specialist - Aiken WFS Responsibilities
Greets job seekers upon arrival at workforce center and directs job seekers to appropriate services. Screens, direct calls, maintain referral log, serves in the reception area, provides assistance and exemplary job seeker service as the first contact for the job seeker. Provides a variety of services such as assessments and assistance in the resource room as needed with a special focus on encouraging and empowering job seekers to utilize self-help resources. This is a critical role in any career center in that this individual is responsible for the first impression of the center, initial assessment of job seeker needs, overview of career center services, and directing the job seeker to the right service quickly. The Talent Engagement Specialist must be knowledgeable about all career center services, able to quickly and expertly assess needs and guide job seekers through the various steps to employment, which may include providing direct assistance or referring to other staff and partner organizations for more individualized services.
- Greet and engage job seekers as they enter the center
- Screen and direct phone calls
- Ensure all job seekers register for System of Record
- Provide assistance with registration on initial visit
- Conduct an initial assessment of needs and guide accordingly
- Encourage participation in relevant workshops by presenting the benefits
- Provide overview of all career center services encouraging questions
- Provide expert guidance based upon individual needs, goals and preferences
- Make referrals as appropriate
- Ensure all VETS are identified and referred for eligible services
- Demonstrate sensitivity to all job seekers
- Provide expert job search guidance
- Input data in Information system
- Monitor cleanliness of the reception area, assessment and job search labs
- Appearance and demeanor are consistently professional and friendly
- Listens to job seeker requests in order to deliver needed services in a sensitive and considerate manner
- Accurately directs job seekers to needed resources
- Delivers promised services in a timely, friendly and consistent manner
- Uses a considerate and tactful approach in delivery of services
- Conducts self in business-like manner and applies knowledge effectively in performance of job duties
- Exhibits support of the project vision of providing RAYS customer service based on ResCare’s Quality Way.
- Routinely elicit feedback and surveys from customers
- Responds promptly to job seeker
- Develops and maintains effective work relationships 100% of the time
- Contributes to team tasks and projects 100% of the time
- Takes initiative to assist team members as needed. Willingly accepts additional assignments. Assists with internal/external projects involving the Workforce Center as requested by Management.
- Responds appropriately to other duties that may be assigned by management.
- Prioritizes to complete all assigned tasks by scheduled deadlines. Utilizes time wisely and effectively for business related activity. Arrives on time for all meetings and internal and external trainings.
- Listens and fully understands the ideas and views of others
- Presents pertinent ideas and information clearly and concisely
- Provides program information, job readiness and search guidance to job seeker base in clear and concise manner to assist in enhancing performance
- Utilizes business writing skills when corresponding with team in writing
- Ensures verbal and non-verbal communication is professional and tactful
- Effectively communicates results of reports to enhance performance, avoid disallowed costs, and identify deficiencies to management
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred along with 2 years’ experience providing career or related services; or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with the public in a fast paced environment; a ready smile and warm personality that leaves an immediate positive impression on others; must have excellent writing skills; experience developing, reviewing and critiquing resumes is a plus; must possess knowledge and familiarity with commonly used job search websites and resources, including labor market research tools; strong computer skills using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), social media, and web search techniques.
**Serves the Lower Savannah area serving Aiken, Allendale, Bamberg, Barnwell, Calhoun, and Orangeburg counties **• Assists with initial participant engagement after referral to the STARS program. • Maintains full and accurate understanding of program elements and has the ability to provide assistance in support of Wraparound Team efforts. • Demonstrates sensitivity to and care for individual participant needs; serves as a source of motivation to participants. • Maintains accurate data entry to external customer’s database and internal database; prepares reports as required. • Schedules initial and follow-up participant appointments, provides directions/other logistics information and support resources as needed. • Conducts initial orientation sessions in support of Wraparound Team. • Collects and reviews participant documentation and other materials on behalf of Career Coaches or other team members. • Conducts follow-up calls for participant activities and employment verification. • Provides administrative relief for document uploads, file maintenance and other relevant tasks.
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people’s lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.1571 Richland Avenue East , Aiken, SC 29802 USA
Location/Region: Aiken, SC (US)