- Designs and develops complex software interface programs for telecommunications/voice over internet protocol (VoIP) systems.
- Performs engineering studies to obtain data on new equipment and system development in communications field and adaptability of equipment to existing system.
- Researches, tests, evaluates and recommends telecommunications/VoIP and data network systems.
- Supports complex telecommunications/VoIP systems throughout the organization.
- Works with platform owners (Avaya and Networking).
- Works with senior management to discuss any eventful issues, concerns, updates or new projects surrounding the Voice Conferencing Avaya solution.
- Works with other I/S technical areas to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve voice platform issues.
- Works with Client Advocate areas to provide customer communications when issues arise.
- Work environment is Avaya-based voice conferencing and VoIP telephony environment.
Job Requirements Required Education
Required Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or other job-related field, OR
- Four years of job-related work experience, OR
- Two years of job-related experience, plus an associate degree in computer science, information technology or other job-related field.
- Eight years of related telecommunications/VoIP experience.
- Four or more years of working network experience (route/switch) in a large networking environment (1,000-plus network devices).
- Experience administering Avaya VoIP implementations and/or environments.
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting SIP connectivity and routing in an Avaya-based environment.
- Experience administering Avaya Aura Conferencing or other premise-based conference bridge solutions.
- Experience administering and troubleshooting a wide range of current or near-current products in the Avaya Aura Communications suite, including Communications Manager, Aura Messaging, Session Manager, SCBCE, Presence and AES.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting H.323 and SIP endpoints.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting in a TDM/VoIP hybrid environment.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting H.264 Video and Video Conferencing.
- Experience administering and troubleshooting collaboration tools (desktop sharing, IM, we presentation, etc.).
- Experience patching, upgrading and troubleshooting Linux-based voice appliances.
- High level of understanding and working knowledge of network protocols, routing and switching.
- Experience integrating with an external SIP provider.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting SIP integration between disparate vendor systems.
- Experience administering, designing and troubleshooting in a large ACD environment (Avaya-centric preferred).
- Requires comprehensive knowledge in the area of local and wide area networking, communications and related hardware and software with multiple administration tools.
- Requires understanding of technical aspects of telecommunications/VoIP equipment and systems and vendor capabilities.
- Knows principles, practices, terminology and trends in telephone system engineering and data communications usage as used by large, complex organizations.
- Responsibilities require an understanding of both networking and telecommunications/VoIP theory and practice.
- Ideal candidates will have strong networking skills, history or background.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Expertise with relevant telecommunications/VoIP software and hardware.
- Experience using Microsoft Visio to create flow and technical diagrams.
- Avaya ACIS, ACSS, ASPS or equivalent certification.
- Strong networking skills (CCNP/CCVP equivalent).
- Avaya Aura Conferencing experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Location/Region: Columbia, SC (US)