Title: Success Advisor (TANF) - Aiken WFS
Job Category: Direct Care/Operations
Line of Business: Workforce Services
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Success Advisor (TANF) - Aiken WFS.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.Success Advisor (TANF) - Aiken WFS Responsibilities
Reports to: Supervisor
- Manages a caseload of participants and provides counseling and mentoring.
- Assesses participant competencies, work history, educational attainment, skills and abilities; identifies challenges to finding employment and prompts them to find solutions.
- Conducts regular ongoing individual meetings with participants for job search, education, job retention, and/or job readiness.
- Completes an individualized overview of available services and works with participant to create an employment plan for short- and long-term goals.
- Maintains information about area resources and employers.
- Ensures participant accountability and attendance; tracks and maintains employment retention goals.
- Provides government agencies with prompt notification that a participant has lost or reduced hours of employment.
- Maintains scheduled, periodic contact with participants in a variety of locations to assess job retention/advancement issues.
- Provides information to participants on available training and/or jobs that will lead to advancement.
- Assumes central responsibility for participants achieving self-sufficiency by monitoring progress throughout the program cycle, beginning with referral and continuing through retention and advancement efforts.
- Prepares, organizes, and maintains accurate, updated information in both electronic and paper participant files reflecting the entire history of a program participant including log of supportive services issued.
- Provides case management with a focus on helping customers to prepare for employment that leads to self-sufficiency.
- Facilitates customer access to training, education, and to employment services, as well as job-specific information; provide case management to customers at the appropriate level.
- Related Associate degree from an accredited university or college, or equivalent work experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Related work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Familiarity with the communities being served, with knowledge and understanding of local needs and resources.
- One to three years’ experience in workforce development or related programs
**This position serves the Lower Savannah area serving Aiken, Allendale, Bamberg, Barnwell, Calhoun, and Orangeburg counties requiring a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; bilingual Spanish/English preferred**• Manages a caseload of participants and provides counseling and mentoring. • Assesses participant competencies, work history, educational attainment, skills and abilities; identifies challenges to finding employment and prompts them to find solutions. • Conducts regular ongoing individual meetings with participants for barrier remediation, education, job readiness, job placement and retention based on individual needs. • Completes an individualized overview of available services and works with participant to create his/her monthly Success Plan. • Maintains information about area resources and referral agencies. • Ensures consistent participant engagement and accountability for personal goals. • Maintains scheduled, periodic contact with participants in a variety of locations to assess status to monthly goals and advancement issues. • Assumes central responsibility for participants achieving self-sufficiency by monitoring progress throughout the program cycle. • Prepares, organizes, and maintains accurate, updated information in both electronic and paper participant files reflecting the history of a program participant. • Provides case management with a focus on helping participants to take steps that lead to self-sufficiency. **A Valid Driver’s License in good standing and valid automobile insurance required**
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people’s lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.1571 Richland Avenue East , Aiken, SC 29802 USA
Location/Region: Aiken, SC